Thursday 18 March 2010

Questions I'd ask...

So allegedly Blinkx are blitzing the City at the moment, talking to fund managers etc about what a terribly bright future the company has.

If I were a fund manager I'd ask two questions:

"If Blinkx is a world leader at video search, how come I've never heard of them before now?"

"So Mr Chandratillake, your figures appear to show that Blinkx is undervalued, is growing fast and will achieve break-even soon before becoming profitable by the end of fiscal 2010. So why haven't you bought any shares in your own company? Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to come and see us, and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out..."

The City can't be turned on and off like a tap (or 'faucet', as I believe our American cousins say). Blinkx should have been engaging with the City to a much greater extent long before now.

Except they tried, didn't they? According to the company's Nomad a roadshow happened last May - which didn't drum up enough support to sell out the share placing (else why would Autonomy be left with 50%+ of the issue?) and sure didn't help the share price.

So what's different now? And if things are very different now, why are the City being told and not the company's very long-suffering, very very pissed-off shareholders?

1 comment:

  1. Fuck me to tears...you are making more sense with each passing day.

    I never thought I would say that about you.

    Shoot the messenger is not my modus operandi, but I appear to be alone in this.

    ReplyDelete