Thursday 17 September 2009

Does the Blinkx CEO have any shares in his own company?

Over on iii, on the Blinkx discussion thread, 'sobeit' posted the following yesterday, about last year's AGM:

"Having finished his speil I got up and then through the chair asked him [Chandratillake, I assume], since he thought the company was so good, how many shares he held. He had to admit he had none. So I asked him why? That took quite a lot of wind out of his sails."

If this is true - and one must always be wary of believing what anonymous posters put on public discussion forums - the obvious question is: why? Why is Chandratillake happy to spout off to anyone who will listen - journalists, Martin Sorrell - about what a bright, nay stellar, future Blinkx has before it, when he hasn't bought - apparently - a single share in the company? (And I believe I'm correct in saying that he sold some of his options at the company's IPO - I'm happy to correct that if it turns out I'm wrong.) Not exactly a vote of confidence in the company's future, is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment