Friday 22 January 2010

Hoodless Brennan

Blinkx (BLNX, 16.5p, £50.7m) the world's largest video search engine announced that it has been ranked a top online brand by Nielsen joins the likes of YouTube, Hulu, and Yahoo as a top online video site in its recent report on video streams. Nielsen reported that overall online video usage is on the rise not a surprise to us with the total number of video streams having gone up 11.8% in the last year and the amount of time logged watching online video per viewer increasing 13.2%. This announcement is further evidence of Blinkx becoming increasingly attractive as an internet brand which may bodes well for a future cooperate action. SPECULATIVE BUY

-----
Comment: Hmm, speculative buy at 16.5p. I wonder how those who bought into the IPO at 45p feel about that? If I'd bought at that price I wouldn't be happy. I wouldn't be happy at all. I'd think that maybe I'd been done up like a kipper by Blinkx management with their delusional predictions for a golden future (which, curiously, they haven't bought into themselves). And as for Dr Lynch with his 'water into gold' nonsense - I think he's been drinking to much of Chandratillake's kool aid...

No comments:

Post a Comment