Saturday 31 October 2009

Blinkx Music - email to feedback@blinkx.com

Dear sir
As a shareholder in Blinkx, of course I welcomed the recent press coverage about Blinkx Music, and the accompanying RNS.

That is, until I had time to actually look at the site: when I was, I have to say, bitterly disappointed.

I'm afraid I find the design uninspiring, simplistic and boring. Why no video wall of popular videos? Why is almost all important content below the fold, with prime above-the-fold real-estate being taken up by (in my view) over-large and unnecessary search/sort functionality (these could have been put as a persistent search/sort area over to the right, freeing up space above the fold for content, rather than tools)?

I can only think that the site was designed primarily with TV screens in mind - because it looks utter rubbish on the web, and significantly behind many other music video sites.

Very disappointing.

xxxx xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment